Monday, May 31, 2010

The Ex Factor


Ahhh Facebook...What to do when you get a friend request from an ex? Do you accept it, then block them so they don't see all of your photos or wall?

I'm blogging about this because tonight I got a friend request from someone I was recently dating. We didn't make it past the three dates/major discussion about religion phase. It didn't end badly, but it ended. I sent the obligatory, "I don't think it'll work out because of X reason ..." So, why does he want to be Facebook friends?

I only have one ex-boyfriend as a friend on Facebook and I can say he is not a restricted friend. Of course, we are friends and there were/are no hard feelings.

Thoughts? Should I accept and block? Should I accept with full access? Just some random thoughts on a Sunday night.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have to decide based on your relationship or previous relationship with each ex. Did it end badly? Was the person toxic? Or just plain bad news? Then, maybe you might think twice about "friending'' that person now. But if it was a mutual breakup between two people who treated each other kindly and respectfully, then perhaps there's no harm in being "friends'' now.

    ReplyDelete