Wednesday, May 26, 2010

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

This post is courtesy of my BFF who will occasionally guest blog.


It's 3:30am i'm not sleeping...I've tried my usual tricks, turned on the fan for white noise and gone to the bathroom.

Instead of turning on the TV, I turned to my iPod. First, I blinded myself with the bright white glow. After getting one eye to adjust, I now have to figure out how to type with my right hand since the left is asleep...if only that was the case for the rest of me. I try laying on my side so I can type with one hand and not hold the iPod, which only leads to a crick in my neck. I fumble with it, clicking back to the main screen only to realize it's upside down, which helped inspire this post.

I wonder if it's a female thing - not sleeping. I haven't slept since my early twentys. Is it preperation for children? If you ask my mom, she hasn't slept in 33 years. I used to wake up and worry about work, now I just think, "Why can't I sleep?" I'm not thinking about work, although it creeps in there. I'm definitely not thinking about kids (yet). There seems to be nothing in the forefront, so what is it?

Was it my dinner and the overindulgence of cheese butter spread awesomeness (which was btw NOT on the diet)?

Obvisouly I haven't gotten my answer...back to fumbling in the dark waiting for sleep to overcome me.

~Starving and Sleepless in St. Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment