Monday, May 31, 2010

Coco Chanel Was a Genius

She once famously said, "Dress shabbily, they notice the dress. Dress impeccably, they notice the woman."

Today, I was planning to workout after I watched Sex and the City 2 (more on that later), so I was wearing yoga pants, T-shirt, grey North Face fleece and some trainers.

I was a little early for the movie, so I swung by the Kiehl's at the Westfield. My mother recently asked me for some help with finding a cream that removes age and dark spots. I asked for some assistance with one sales team members and I saw him look me up and down.

While I can't 100 percent say this was the reason, but I felt that because I left the Jimmy Choos at home, I felt I was unfairly judged by what I was wearing. It could be that I just received poor customer service, but at that moment, I felt really strange. I didn't feel like I was dressed shabbily, but I probably could've sassed it up a bit more. I didn't feel that because I wasn't super dressed up, didn't mean that I couldn't afford a $52 cream.

What do you think? Have you ever had that happen to you? Maybe more when you were a teenager? Sound off and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment