Sunday, March 27, 2011

Operation Marriage 2011?


In January, I had a conversation with a friend at church who told me that in 2011, it was going to be her goal to meet someone and get married, if if was God's will, of course.

So it got me thinking, is this something that you can mentally embark on and will it to happen?

I had a coversation with my BFF earlier today and she mentioned that she heard of a girl who booked a venue, put down a deposit on a specific date and bought a dress, however she wasn't even dating anyone. She did all of that because she was confident that she would find her happily ever after by her due date. I don't know if she ever did.

I think there is some societal pressure to get married. If you're not coupled up by a certain age, people think something is wrong with you. Do people really have an expiration date for when they can find love?

Apparently, my BFF's mom thinks so. She even created a fake profile on a dating site "just to see if there were any guys out there" for her. While her heart was in the right place, I understand why my BFF was upset. IMHO, I think she wants grandchildren and wants to do everything she can to get them, including a little deception. :)

So at the end of the day, I'm not out to "get married" by the end of year, but I do think that getting out there and meeting people, telling people to set me up is a good start.

I've made a pact with my BFF that in April, we both have to do something that forces us to make strides to meet new people. My April task is to FINALLY take golf lessons. I have a set of clubs, golf balls and golf shoes. I just have to overcome my fear and just do it. I just need Mr. Sunshine to cooperate.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Eva. Even if you don't meet anyone golfing, you'll be hooked on a great new hobby for life!

    ReplyDelete